1. These records are in no particular order.
2. No live records, “Best of” collections, box sets, or re-issues. The albums chosen had to be material released in 2008.
3. This is a collaborative effort between the two of us, and if we didn’t agree that an album deserved to make the cut, it didn’t make the list.
4. Don't badger us because your personal favorite records may not be on the list. There are plenty of albums we never got a chance to listen to, forgot about, or never had time to fully digest, so if you disagree with our list, there is no need to let us know (especially concerning Fleet Foxes. It's fucking awesome and deserves to be on every goddamn top album list, so stop hating something because it's as big as Starbucks and a lot of annoying indie kids listen to it).
5. If you missed out on any of these album reviews, check for an original post, or just google it.
With that said, here are our honorable mentions for 2008:
Venetian Snares - Detrimentalist
Gary War - New Raytheonport
Boris - Smile
Akimbo - Jersey Shores
Teeth Mountain - S/T
Howlin' Rain - Magnificent Fiend
Prussia - Dear Emily, Best Wishes, Molly
Spiritualized - Songs in A&E
Tobacco - Fucked Up Friends
The Bug - London Zoo
High Places - S/T
Ponytail - Ice Cream Spiritual
The Music Tapes - Music Tapes For Clouds & Tornadoes
…and now without further ado, our top 10 records of 2008:
2. Black Mountain - In The Future
Download In The Future
3. No Age - Nouns
4.Ty Segall - S/T
Download Shall Noise Upon